Aiken-Rhett

Aiken-Rhett

About the Aiken-Rhett Collection:

photo_AikenRhett
Originally built in 1818,  the Aiken-Rhett house, after undergoing a number of  previous renovations, added the cast iron balustrade in the entrance foyer of the Elizabeth Street entrance, c. 1858. The circular detailing on the balcony of this stairway, was the inspiration for the design of our Aiken-Rhett collection.  This house has since been acquired by the Historic Charleston Foundation and there is an on-going project of preserving and conserving this important home and its furnishings.

 

 

 

 

Shop the Aiken-Rhett Collection: